Rich in nutrients. Good for weight loss and aids in metabolism. Has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-cancer properties.
Tulsi Seeds 100g
Tulsi seeds are also known as sabja seeds. They are nutrient-dense and highly beneficial for health. They are a rich source of iron, phosphorus and calcium. When it comes to health problems, tulsi seeds are known to be quite effective, which is why they hold an important place in Ayurveda.
Green Cairo offers high-quality, inexpensive and the best tulsi seeds online. A regular intake of tulsi seeds can aid in digestion and prevent many diseases and illnesses. It provides antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-cancer benefits as well.
Benefits of Tulsi Seeds
- Good for cough and cold– Tulsi seeds have antispasmodic properties that help in controlling cough and strengthening immunity. The presence of flavonoids and beta carotene boosts immunity.
- Helps in weight loss– Tulsi seeds are rich in omega3 fatty acids that help in burning fat and aids in metabolism. Also, being rich in fibre keeps you full for longer and thus decreases the urge to eat. It works great in controlling food cravings or appetite.
- Controls blood sugar levels– A regular consumption of tulsi seeds checks the blood sugar levels and helps to slow down the conversion of carbohydrates into glucose.
- Give relief in constipation and bloating– Sabja seeds soothes the bowel movement. The volatile oils present in the seeds keep the gut clean and properly working.
- Treats acidity– Tulsi seeds are known for their diuretic function that helps in flushing out toxins from the body. Thus it helps in neutralizing the acids and brings instant relief from acid reflux. It also gives relief from stomach burning.
How to use tulsi seeds
- Soak one teaspoon of tulsi seeds for 15 minutes in 1 cup water. When the seeds fully swell, they release antioxidants which are extremely beneficial for the body. Drink the water and chew the tulsi seeds that will feel a little crunchy.
- Strain the soaked tulsi seeds and use them in different recipes like smoothies, shakes, lemonades, soups, salad dressing, pudding, oatmeal, pancakes, pasta, bread etc.
Caution– Tulsi seeds may decrease the levels of estrogen in a pregnant woman. Therefore, consult with the doctor before consumption.